Friday, 16 September 2011
I just felt that the house didn't want to be set in 1940 so I set about turning it into a family home set in the late 1970s. The house is owned by Bridget and Jonathon. They have the twins Bob and Jake, Kirsty and baby Jane.
The bathroom is now in the wee room at the back of the house and Kirsty has the wee front room. Bridget and Jonathon have the front bedroom, Jane sleeps in a cot in her parents' room.
I took out the dividing walls between the living room/dining room/kitchen to allow more space and light.
I repainted the outside, adding some black details. I have been tiling the roof using some floor tiles cut into wee tile shapes.
Posted by Janice at 08:03
Sunday, 23 May 2010
Decided that the smallest bedroom would have a nice cashmere coloured fitted carpet. I chose this colour because I liked it and I thought the Bob the young lad who will be sleeping here would like it too.
I have also added a stair runner and a lovely burgandy coloured rug to the hall.
In the girls' bedroom I have used some wood effect round the edges and a nice beige carpet for the centre.
Posted by Janice at 14:08
Saturday, 20 March 2010
OK let's see if I can remember how to post pictures. I have been busy. I dry built the house as advised, before getting it built using the glue. I have decorated all the rooms. I used wallpaper from DHE for the livingroom and dining room. For the hall I used some magnolia emulsion that was lying in a cupboard. I bought wee sample pots of emulsion for rest of the rooms. The tiling in the bathroom was some wallpaper from Homebase as is the flooring in the bathroom and kitchen. I went through to DHE near Carlisle last week and got some mushroom coloured carpet which did 2 of the bedrooms, and I bought some wood effect paper flooring. I also picked up a couple lights, for 2 of the bedrooms.
I did have a major grrrr with the brick wallpaper, it went all bubbled and crinkled so I stripped it off and decided to just use the magnolia emulsion. I painted the front door a lovely red colour, and decided to paint the wooden bits under the bay windows with the same red.
Posted by Janice at 17:08
Thursday, 11 March 2010
Last week I took delivery of the Mountfield kit from Doll House Emporium. I have been busy ever since putting it together and decorating it. Didn't take any photos of it naked but will take some later so that I can share my progress.
Posted by Janice at 02:03